Friday, June 29, 2012

Kuru Kuru Sushi

First off, I have to say I am a huge fan of sushi. HUGE. I'm also picky.

My apartment mate and I stumbled upon Kuru Kuru Sushi on Yelp one night when we didn't feel like cooking and had finished all of our leftovers. We have eaten there twice in one week.

It's a bit of a hidden gem. Situated in a shopping lot with many other small businesses, it doesn't necessarily catch your eye. The interior of the restaurant doesn't necessarily leave an impression either.

There are booths and tables and also a sushi bar. Not a lot of seating but the two times I was there, this didn't seem to be a problem. The waitresses are all extremely friendly and many customers seemed to be frequenters so they were treated especially nice.

There were so many selections on the menu! And everything was so affordable. I ordered an NBC Roll (the rolls were named after media networks and broadcast terms!) and a Donburi with chicken. My apartment mate got a Production Roll.

NBC Roll had shrimp tempura, crab, cucumber, avocado and crunch on top. It was so fresh and the crunch on top added so much to the sushi. Sushi is really soft usually so the crunch added to the texture. The sauce drizzled on top also complimented the sushi very well. Perfect roll.


Production Roll had salmon on top of crab, cucumber and avocado. Again, the salmon was very fresh and when it comes to raw fish, that's very important.

The donburi was sub par. It was a good amount for the price that I paid, but there wasn't much flavor in it. Perhaps they forgot to add salt? I ended up pouring soy sauce over it and mixing it up.

This is a great place to go to if you want some good quality, cheap sushi. Not the best for taking someone out on a date or a fancy dinner with family, but definitely a great restaurant overall. I give it 4.5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment